Bank Street Antique Mall is located in a 12,000 square foot mall in an 1899 historic building in downtown old Decatur, Alabama. Our Decatur location is a three-story building displaying a wide spectrum of merchandise selected from 50-60 exclusive vendors. Unlike many antique malls who select their vendors on a first come-first serve basis, owners James and Gloria Arthur carefully select vendors for the Bank Street Antique Mall based on their areas of expertise. This ensures that all of the merchandise is authentic and has been thoroughly researched.
The types of merchandise that Bank Street Antique Mall has on display for sale include:
- Period American, European, and English furniture
- Textiles – linens quilts, coverlets
- Nautical antiques
- Decoys, hunting and fishing collectibles
- A large selection of vintage and antique tools
- Vintage and antique clothing, hats and accessories
- Clocks and watches
- Sterling and silver-plate hollow ware and flatware
- Antique telephones
- A large selection of American, European, and English china, porcelain, glass, and pottery
- American primitives
- Oriental rugs
- Large collection of vintage and antique costume and estate jewelry
- Books, books and books
- Vintage and antique prints, watercolors and oils
- Lamps and chandeliers
- Wicker furniture and accessories
- Indian artifacts
Our Merchandise is Ready for Your Home
The merchandise that we sell is ready to go into our customer’s home. That is one of the points we take pride in – the customer is not left with the expense of repairs when they buy an antique from us.
About Our Owners
Gloria and James began their business almost 10 years ago, but had been dealers for many years prior to opening their own business. . Gloria took an early retirement from her healthcare administration position when the building at 818 Bank Street became available. James and Gloria have lived with and loved antiques their entire lives. They filled their first home with antiques and have continued to acquire antiques ever since.
James is a North Alabama native and Gloria came to Alabama in 1968 after graduating from nursing school in Georgia. James has a certificate in cabinet making and has been restoring and refinishing antique furniture since the 1970’s. He repairs, restores and refinishes most of the antique furniture that is available for purchase at the mall. Gloria’s expertise is in glass, pottery, and textiles. She has completed the Asford Appraisal Program and is continuously studying through the Antique Dealers Association programs.